My last visit of the year



I couldn't jet off on holiday and not go see the bees for the last time this year and wish them a Merry Christmas.

The plan was to take them a Christmas present of fondant to munch on if they were running out of honey stores but having spoken to an experienced beekeeper at our beekeeping branch's 'Mead & Mince Pie' evening last thursday, I decided not to. He said that if I'd fed my bees properly and didn't take any of their honeycomb away, they should be fine. I'm glad I didn't because when I tried to heft the hive today, it still felt very heavy. So, they should be alright and I can keep the fondant as a Valentine's treat instead.

I thought all would be very quiet at the Beehaus but I saw at least six bees buzzing around the entrance. But then again, it is rather mild today so hopefully nothing's amiss and they are just having a nose around the outside world.

Awhile back I bought myself a 'Haynes Bee Manual' but I haven't had a proper chance to read it yet. I thought that my snowy Christmas break away in the Swiss Alps would be an ideal opportunity as my husband and I have set ourselves the challenge of having a social media free holiday. I am up for the challenge but it's going to be tricky as my iPhone and I very rarely leave one another’s side.

So, as you won't hear from me for awhile...Bee Happy this Christmas everyone and all the best wishes for the New Year! 


Comments

Popular Posts