Sting to the forehead

I have been in agony all day following yesterday's bee sting to the forehead, which has turned into a fat, itchy egg.

I went out at noon yesterday to have a cup of tea at the beehive. As I got nearer I heard a persistent buzzing round my head. I reckoned that it was one of the guard bees feeling rather irked at my presence. Stupidly, I ignored her and approached the hive entrance anyway sticking my head quite close to where the bees were coming in and out. That little guard bee was relentless in its buzzing round my head so I thought I'd better step away. The next minute, I felt a sting to the forehead. I then reacted how you aren't supposed to - flailing my arms all over the place whilst running to the kitchen door. I scratched the sting off and looked in the bathroom mirror where I saw that the bee, dead at this point, had got itself entangled in the wisps of hair by my ears.

I immediately applied antihistamine and other than a little sting and slight swelling yesterday, I didn't think anything of it. Then last night I woke up with a terrible itching. I felt my forehead and I could feel a definite 'egg'. Looking in the mirror it was swelling but the worst part was the itchiness. I swallowed two ibuprofen and put a bag of frozen peas on my forehead, which offered some relief but I didn't sleep much at all.

A friend this morning dropped some Piriton tablets through the letterbox. I have had no other adverse reactions so I didn't think I needed to go to the doctor. However, I haven't been able to concentrate so have had most of the day off work. Thank god I work from home so no one had to be subjected to my egg and puffy eyes. As one fellow beekeeper on twitter said, who has also experienced stings to the head, the Botox effects of the sting just aren't worth it! 

He's certainly right. I'm feeling sorry for myself and I'm hoping that by tomorrow the swelling would have gone down because right now I look a sight, as you can see below. 






Comments

  1. Owwww Tan :( Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauh doesn't look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I didn't even recognise you....ouch! Han x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts